Every quarter, our fund managers analyse trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the first quarter of 2023.
- Despite the current resilience of the global economy, a recession seems inevitable.
- Having hit record levels in 2022, inflation is set to slow this year.
- The central banks’ monetary tightening cycle appears to be entering its final phase.
- Equity markets should be affected by two trends in 2023, the gradual end of rising rates and the possibility of a sharp economic slowdown.
- A recession scenario is not currently priced into equity markets.
- Asian markets should outperform in 2023.