Language And Country
Every quarter, our fund managers analyse trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the second quarter of 2021.
- In the United States, the highly expansionary fiscal policy could trigger the fastest growth since the early 1980s.
- While normalisation of inflation in the short term is almost certain, it seems too early to say what will happen beyond 2021.
- Deflation is a risk not to be ignored given the current extreme level of speculation and risk-taking.
- Equity markets continued to forge ahead in the first quarter.
- Investors turned away from growth stocks and shifted towards the value type.
- The rise in bond yields has had a negative impact on the price of gold.