Every quarter, our fund managers analyse trends in the global economy and financial markets. Read their views on the third quarter of 2022.
- The global economy appears to be heading towards recession.
- Inflationary pressures show little sign of easing.
- The US Federal Reserve is tightening its monetary policy at a record pace.
- After a first half of the year characterised by fears of inflation and rising interest rates, the possibility of a sharp economic slowdown could become the major theme of the second half of the year.
- An environment characterised by an economic slowdown and a continuation of monetary tightening by central banks cannot be positive for the stock markets.
- The outlook for Asian markets appears to be generally better than for Western markets.